Can you play Spotify on Apple Watch without phones? The answer is yes and has been updated recently. Spotify Premium users now can download Spotify playlists on their Apple Watches. Then get Spotify on Apple Watch without phones. Besides the Spotify Premium accounts, users need to have Apple Watch Series 3 or later, with watchOS 6.0+ (7.1+ is better) with a cellular or WIFI connection.
Sounds good, right? But have you thought about offline playing Spotify on Apple Watch without phones? So that you can still enjoy a smooth Spotify song outdoors when the cellular connection is not good. No need to worry about your Apple Watch Spotify stuck on one song.
In the following sections, you will figure out how to offline play Spotify on Apple Watch without phones step by step. Besides, to get to know the general method to get Spotify on Apple Watch without phones or with phones.
- Part 1. Play Spotify on Apple Watch without Phone & Offline
- Part 2. Play Spotify on Apple Watch without Phone
- Part 3. How to Get Play Spotify on Apple Watch with Phone
- Learn More: Spotify on Apple Watch – Features to Know
Part 1. How to Play Spotify on Apple Watch without Phone & Offline
Can you use Spotify on Apple Watch without phone and offline? This part introduces a brand-new way to help you achieve the goal.
This new way requires the use of a professional Spotify Music Converter by AudKit. This amazing tool enables to download and convert Spotify songs and playlists to MP3 and many other common audio formats. The converted Spotify audio files are playable on Apple Watch without cellular, WIFI, and Spotify Premium. Your Apple Watch doesn’t need to be Apple Watch Series 3 or later, or with watchOS 6.0+.
With the help of AudKit Spotify downloader, you can import over 100 Spotify tracks at once. Then start the conversion at over 5X speed. The converted Spotify music files keep the original sound quality and ID3 tags. For example, you can see artists, titles, albums, album arts, track numbers, and so forth.
- Download Spotify music on local for offline playback
- Convert Spotify music and podcasts to MP3 at 5X speed
- Maintain 100% quality and 100% ID3 tags as the originals
- Enable to move Spotify music to Apple Watch and others
Now let’s check the detailed steps about how to listen to Spotify on Apple Watch without phones or cellular.
Step 1 Load Spotify songs to AudKit
Launch the AudKit app from your computer desktop. In the auto-opened Spotify app, browse and select what you want to download. Drag and drop the song or playlist straight from Spotify to AudKit. Or copy and paste the link of the song or playlist to the search bar in AudKit. And tap the plus button.
Step 2 Change output configuration
Open the menu icon > ‘Preferences’ > ‘Convert’ from the top taskbar. Then you can start to reset the output settings by editing the format, bitrate, sample rate, and others.
Step 3 Convert Spotify music on local
Hit the ‘Convert’ icon to activate the conversion. Wait until all tasks are done. Then follow the on-screen tips to open the local folder where stores Spotify files.
Step 4 Import Spotify music to Apple Watch
- Sync the local Spotify files to your iPhone first.
- Pair your phone with Apple Watch.
- Install and open the Apple Watch app on your phone.
- Choose ‘My Watch’ > and click ‘Music’.
- Below ‘Playlists & Albums’, please hit ‘Add Music’.
- Choose the local Spotify songs and upload them from iPhone to Apple Watch.
Now please enjoy your favorite Spotify music on Apple Watch without phones, cellular, WIFI, and Spotify Premium. And the type limit of the Apple Watch also disappears right now.
Part 2. How to Use Spotify on Apple Watch without Phone
If you have Spotify Premium and the cellular connection or WiFi is great, well, just use the general method to get Spotify on Apple Watch.
- On your Apple Watch, browse and choose the music or podcasts you’d like to download.
- Tap the three dots icon and click “Download to Apple Watch.”
- Go over to the “Downloads” on your watch to see the progress.
- You’ll see a green arrow beside the names of your selections (playlists, albums, or podcasts ) once they are downloaded.
Now start to enjoy your Spotify melody with your headphones!
Part 3. How to Listen to Spotify on Apple Watch with Phone
If you don’ have Spotify Premium, and still want to listen to Spotify on Apple Watch, try the recommended method in Part 1. That is workable for Spotify Free users.
If you only want to stream Spotify music to Apple Watch with the phone nearby, well, check on the simple guide below.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Click the ‘My Watch’ tab. Choose the heading ‘Installed on Apple Watch’, check that Spotify is on the list. If it isn’t, scroll down to the ‘Available Apps’ and find Spotify. Then hit the ‘Install’ button next to it.
- Once it’s installed, open the Spotify app on your iPhone.
- Start to play Spotify music on your phone and the Spotify app will auto-launch on your watch.
Learn More: Spotify on Apple Watch – Features You Need to Know
Other than directly controlling Spotify music playback, here are some other useful features and unavailable features of the Spotify Apple Watch app that you should know about.
- Make certain that you have connected your Apple Watch to your iPhone with Bluetooth.
- The following features are only available for Spotify Premium users.
1. View songs and playlists
You can browse your Spotify songs and playlists straight from your wrist by the following gestures.
- Slide to the left:
Just enter into the Spotify app on Apple Watch. Slide to the left to show the recent playlists. Or you can click the Library option and start playing any track from albums, artists, playlists, podcasts, and so forth. You are able to get a list of almost 20 recently played playlists.
- Slide to the right:
Select a playlist. Then slide to the far right to view all tracks within the current playlist.
2. Add tracks to the Spotify library
You are available to import tracks to the library directly from the Apple Watch. Tap the heart pattern of the track to add the track to the library.
3. Use on Spotify Connect devices
There is a shortcut to Spotify Connect so that you can sync the playing song to other compatible devices and speakers.
Unsupported for 4G streaming
The Spotify app on Apple Watch doesn’t support 4G streaming from the Apple Watch to the headphones.