With a Spotify Premium account, you can download Spotify music for offline listening. But the downloaded songs are just cached files so you can only use them on the Spotify app. This means that you are only allowed to listen to Spotify music on authorized devices. How do you listen to Spotify music on an MP3 player or other incompatible devices?
You just need to convert Spotify to MP3. In order to do this, you need a professional Spotify to MP3 converter. Fortunately, there are many Spotify converters on the market for you to choose from. We have selected the top 14 Spotify converters for your reference. They include free, online, computer, and mobile Spotify converters.
- Part 1. Best Spotify to MP3 Converter
- Part 2. Spotify to MP3 Converter Free
- Part 3. Spotify to MP3 Converter Online Free
- Part 4. Spotify to MP3 Converter Chrome
- Part 5. Spotify to MP3 Converter Android/iPhone
- Part 6. Comparison Table of the Top 14 Spotify to MP3 Converters
- Part 7. FAQs about Spotify to MP3 Download
- Part 8. In Conclusion
Part 1. Best Spotify to MP3 Converter for Mac & Windows
In this part, we will introduce you to the best Spotify music converter. You can also know how to use it to download Spotify songs to MP3 with lossless sound quality. Let’s get started.
1.1 AudKit Spotify to MP3 Converter
AudKit SpotiLab Music Converter is a new generation converter for Spotify. It has both Windows and Mac versions so you can choose one for yourself. The professional converting skill makes it become remarkable in converting Spotify to MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, M4A, and M4B at up to 5X speed.
The marvelous ability of AudKit Spotify to MP3 Converter preserves 100% sound quality and metadata from Spotify songs. With it, you can see 100% ID3 tags, including artists, titles, albums, album arts, track numbers, etc. in the converted files. With it, you can download Spotify music to computer as local files. Then it is easy to transfer Spotify songs to any device for offline playback.
- Convert Spotify to MP3, FLAC, M4A, M4B, WAV, etc.
- Download songs/playlists/albums/podcasts from Spotify
- Download and convert Spotify music without Premium
- Keep 100% original music quality and all ID3 tags
- Support multiple kinds of audio formats.
- Amazing 5X conversion speed.
- Maintain 100% sound quality.
- Simple user face and easy to use.
- The conversion speed on the Mac is only 1X.
1.2 How to Download Music from Spotify to MP3 via AudKit
Here are the instructions to convert Spotify songs/playlists/albums/podcasts to MP3 via AudKit Spotify Music Converter.
Step 1 Add Spotify music to AudKit software
There are two easy ways to add Spotify music: Drag and drop the music you want to convert from Spotify to AudKit software. Alternatively, you can copy and paste the song/playlist/album link into its search bar and then click + to add them all.
Step 2 Choose the MP3 output format for Spotify
Find the three-line menu icon at the top right and click it. Then select the Preferences option and click on the Convert tab. To convert Spotify to MP3, you can change the format to MP3. You are also allowed to customize other parameters as you want.
Step 3 Download from Spotify to MP3
Simply click on the Convert button at the bottom. AudKit Spotify Music Converter will automatically download and convert Spotify to MP3 as your settings. When it is done, you can find the converted Spotify music on your computer. You are able to transfer these downloaded files to the device you want.
Part 2. Spotify to MP3 Converter Free – Top 2 for Windows/Mac/Linux
In this part, you will get the top 2 free Spotify to MP3 converters. They are used for computers.
AllToMP3 is a simple offline software, used for Mac/Windows/Linux systems. As the name implies, it is able to convert music to MP3 from Spotify, YouTube, Deezer, and SoundCloud.
- Applicable for many streaming music apps.
- The output quality is 256 bps at max.
- Can’t download every Spotify song.
- Often stop working when converting a playlist.
- Not sure if it truly downloads from Spotify.
How to convert Spotify to MP3 with AllToMP3:
- Download and install AllToMP3 on your computer, then open it.
- Go to the Spotify app and copy the URL of your desired song/playlist.
- Paste the URL into the search bar of AllToMP3.
- Hit the Enter button on your keyboard to start converting Spotify to MP3.
Audacity is one of the best Spotify recorders. It is an open-source and cross-platform audio recorder. It is compatible with Windows, macOS, Linux, and GNU operating systems. This recorder can not only record Spotify to MP3 but also record from other live audio or media.
- Available for many streaming music apps.
- Lossy music quality.
- A bit complicated to use for a newbie.
- There are ads during recording.
How to record Spotify to MP3 with Audacity:
- Open Audacity and click the “Edit” icon to select “Device” > “Host” > “Windows WASAPI”.
- Choose the “Recording” tab and uncheck the option of “Software playthrough of input”.
- Click on the “Record” icon and start playing a Spotify song.
- Click the “Stop” icon to end the recording. Then click the “File” > “Export” > “Export as MP3” > “Save” to save the MP3 Spotify files.
Part 3. Spotify to MP3 Converter Online Free – Top 4
There are also some online tools for you to convert Spotify to MP3 for free. You do not need to download and install extra apps. We have selected the top 4 Spotify to MP3 online converters for free.
MP3fy is an online website for music conversion. It is advertised to download music from more than 1,000 websites. You just need to paste the URL of Spotify music and it will soon convert Spotify to MP3.
- Online use.
- May lower the original sound quality.
How to convert Spotify URL to MP3 by MP3fy:
- Visit the official website of MP3fy.
- Paste the URL of the Spotify song into MP3fy’s search bar.
- Click the “Convert” button to detect the song.
- Click on the “Download” button to start downloading Spotify to MP3.
2. SpotDL / spotify-downloader
The spotDL from GitHub offers an online platform to help users download from Spotify to MP3. But taking a careful browse on its page, you will see an introduction. “Download your Spotify playlists and songs along with album art and metadata (from YouTube if a match is found).”
- Online use.
- Cannot download all Spotify songs.
How to convert Spotify to MP3 with SpotDL:
- Download SpotDL from GitHub.
- Paste the URL of the Spotify playlist to SpotDL.
- Open this URL and it will start downloading the Spotify playlist to MP3.
3. Playlist-converter.net (Not Working)
As its name suggests, Playlist-converter.net is to convert playlists. You can use it to convert Spotify playlists to MP3 on its official website. Not only Spotify, but also able to convert music from Deezer, Tidal, and so on.
- Support multiple kinds of streaming music platforms.
- Poor output quality.
4. Online Spotify to MP3 Converter
The online Spotify to MP3 Converter from 4Hub is not working for downloading Spotify music free online anymore. When pasting your favorite Spotify song link and clicking its “download” tab, nothing happened. You only get a blank page.
- Not working
Part 4. Spotify to MP3 Converter Chrome Extension – Top 3
There are some Chrome extensions for Spotify converter. So you can use them for free on your Google browser.
Deezify was a free Chrome extension for downloading Spotify and Deezer songs online. Now it turns out to be a mobile app that can download Spotify music to MP3 on Android devices. You can see it in the Google Play store. After finish converting, you can also make ringtones from Spotify with ease.
- Fast download.
- It is still in development and may be unstable.
- Lossy sound quality.
- Not sure whether it really downloads from Spotify.
How to Download Music from Spotify with Deezify:
1. Install the Deezify Chrome extension on your computer.
2. Open Spotify web player and start playing a song you want to download.
3. Deezify will automatically convert Spotify to MP3.
2. DZR Music Downloader (Spotify & Deezer Music Downloader)
DZR Music Downloader was a free Spotify downloader Chrome extension for the Google Chrome browser. It was used to help users to save music files from Spotify, Deezer and SoundCloud, and other music websites. But now you can’t find it in the Chrome Web store.
- Not Found
3. Spotiload (Spotify VK Downloader/ Music Saver)
Spotiload is the former Spotify VK Downloader. Now it is renamed Music Saver and it is still a Google Chrome extension for free. As you might expect from its current name, Music Saver lost the ability to download and convert Spotify links to MP3. This tool now can only download songs from VK music.
- Not working for Spotify Music
Part 5. Spotify to MP3 Converter Android/iPhone – Top 4
Now we will introduce you to the top 4 Spotify to MP3 converters for Android/iPhone.
1. Fildo Music
Fildo Music is a third-party MP3 search engine for Android only, which is also a Spotify to MP3 converter APK. It works well as a Spotify to MP3 converter free Android to convert Spotify music and playlists on Android devices. Users can directly download it from the Google Play store on the Android phone. And the desktop called Flite is available now. But iOS version is still in development.
- Can be used directly on Android phones.
- Many glitches like “Error occurred try again later” or “Download not available in your country”.
- Can not find it in the Google App Store.
How to download from Spotify to MP3 Android with Fildo:
- Download and install Fildo from its official website.
- Go to the “More” section and select “IMPORT SPOTIFY”.
- Log in to your Spotify account.
- Tap on the dots on the right of your song to start downloading Spotify to MP3 Android.
2. Siri Shortcuts
As the name implies, Siri Shortcuts is used on an iOS device. It is an automation application Shortcuts which is the latest version of Workflow. To help iOS users to download Spotify playlists to MP3, the Spotify To MP3 converter iPhone Shortcuts let you run it from the Spotify share sheet or copy the Spotify track link to activate it.
- Can be used easily on iOS phones.
- Only download an entire Spotify playlist.
- Can’t download a specific Spotify song.
How to download Spotify songs to MP3 with Siri Shortcuts:
- Download and install Shortcuts on your iPhone.
- Open the shortcuts link in Safari and add it to Shortcuts.
- Copy the link of the Spotify song and Shortcuts will start converting Spotify to MP3.
The SpotiFlyer is also a GitHub project that allows people to convert Spotify to MP3 online free. It also supports YouTube Music, SoundCloud, Gaana, and Jio Saavn.
- Online use.
- Sometimes not working.
How to download songs from Spotify to MP3 on Android with SpotiFlyer:
- Download and install SpotiFlyer on your Android phone.
- Open Spotify and copy the song’s link you want to download.
- Paste this link into SpotiFlyer and tap on the “Download” button to start downloading.
4. Telegram Bots
Telegram is a free messaging app for both desktop, Android, and iOS users. There are a few good Telegram bots that are able to download your Spotify songs from YouTube or Deezer if a match is found.
Spotify Music Downloader Bot
The Spotify Music Downloader Bot serves for Spotify music download. When you import a Spotify track URL, this bot will find a match on YouTube and then download Spotify URL to MP3.
The Deezer Music Bot
Deezer Music Bot supports you to input a Spotify song link and download the song from Deezer.
- Multiple choices for music downloads.
- Not a real Spotify to MP3 converter, downloading tracks from YouTube or Deezer.
Part 6. Comparison Table of the Top 14 Spotify to MP3 Converters
Here is a comparison table of the listed 14 Spotify converters. You can clearly see their differences.
|Supported OS||Supported Platforms||Supported Output Formats||Output Quality||Download Speed||Customize Output Quality|
|AudKit Spotify Converter||Windows/Mac||Spotify songs/albums/playlists/podcasts||MP3/AAC/M4A/M4B/WAV/FLAC||Lossless||5X for Windows||Yes|
|MP3fy||Online||Spotify and 1,000 websites||MP3||Poor||1X||No|
|Playlist-converter.net||Online||Playlists from Spotify/Tidal, etc.||MP3||Poor||1X||N0|
|Spotify & Deezer Music Converter||Online|
Part 7. FAQs about Spotify to MP3 Download
Here are some frequently-asking questions for your reference.
Q1. Is it legal to download songs from Spotify to MP3?
You should know that Spotify music saves in OGG Vorbis with special protection. Spotify Premium members can enjoy both online and offline songs, while Spotify Free users only have the former right. But neither of them is able to download Spotify music to a computer locally.
The Spotify to MP3 converter solves this problem and downloads Spotify playlists to MP3. But all downloaded music is for personal use only. Any piracy, commercial use, or illegal distribution is forbidden. From this perspective, whether it is legal or not depends on the way you use it.
Q2. How can I download a whole playlist from Spotify to MP3?
You can use AudKit Spotify Music Converter. Just drag and drop the whole playlist to it and click on Convert to start downloading this playlist to MP3. Detailed steps: Part 1.2.
Q3. How do I convert Spotify to MP3 for free?
Q4. What is the best Spotify to MP3 converter?
There are different kinds of Spotify converters you can choose from. If you want a good output quality, high conversion speed, and long-time usage, you can choose AudKit Spotify Music Converter. It is the best Spotify to MP3 Converter you want.
Part 8. In Conclusion
Today we have listed the best 14 Spotify to MP3 converters including recorders, online tools, and Chrome extensions. You can compare them in different aspects and choose the one that suits you best. If you would like to find a reliable tool that works stably, AudKit Spotify Converter is the best one. You can use it to download and convert Spotify music to multiple audio formats. With it, you are able to use Spotify anywhere you want.