As one of the world’s best DJ software, Serato offers the most reliable service with the lowest latency on Serato DJ and Serato DVS. It is easy for anyone to get started with a DJ journey with Serato DJ on the compatible DJ controller and mixer.
When we talk about the most popular streaming music service, Spotify is certainly within the scope of discussion. Spotify Music owns the hugest music library and makes it available to people in most countries and areas to use for free.
How nice that would be to have a Serato Spotify integration. I believe every DJ has dreamed about it. Unfortunately, it is still unable to link Spotify to Serato DJ for music mixing. But it doesn’t mean that there is no way to use Spotify with Serato DJ. In the following parts, you can get a simple and workable solution to import Spotify music to Serato DJ for sound mixing.
- Part 1. Download Spotify to Serato DJ
- Part 2. How to Use Spotify on Serato DJ
- Part 3. Get Other Streaming Music on Serato DJ
- Part 4. Conclusion
Part 1. How to Download Spotify to Serato DJ
To get Spotify on Serato DJ, it is necessary to make Spotify music files compatible with Serato DJ. That is why you need to use AudKit Spotify Music Converter to download and convert Spotify to MP3, AAC, and other Serato supported audio formats.
Built-in the advanced converting technology, the converted Spotify songs keep 100% original sound quality and 100% raw ID3 tags, including artists, titles, albums, album arts, years, and so forth. With the help of these smart functions, you can better use and manage Spotify tracks in the local music library.
Main Features of AudKit Spotify Music Converter
- Convert Spotify music to MP3, AAC, M4A, and more
- Convert Spotify music to Serato supported formats
- Save lossless HIFI quality and ID3 tags of Spotify songs
- Work at 5X faster speed without Spotify Premium
Now let’s see how AudKit Spotify Music Converter works for you to convert and transfer music from Spotify to Serato DJ.
Step 1 Import Spotify music to AudKit SpotiLab
Launch AudKit Spotify Music Converter on the computer and the Spotify app will automatically open. Select songs or a playlist you want in Spotify. Then drag and drop it to AudKit’s interface. Or you can copy and paste the link of songs or the playlist to the search column. Then click the “+” tab.
Step 2 Reset Spotify output settings for Serato DJ
Tap the menu icon from the top-right corner to open the “Preference” window. In there, you can customize the output sound quality by changing the audio parameters. You can also alter the conversion speed and the location of archiving files.
Step 3 Convert Spotify music to Serato DJ
Hit the “Convert” tab from the lower right place on AudKit’s main window. After the conversion finishes, please follow the on-screen instructions to open the “Converted” folder. You can browse all converted Spotify tracks there.
Part 2. How to Use Spotify on Serato DJ
Here are the last 2 steps to import Spotify songs to Serato DJ. Let’s follow the steps below to use Spotify with Serato and start DJing.
Step 1. Open Serato DJ on the computer. Click the “FILES” bar to open the file panel. On the left panel, you will see all folders of the computer hard drive and the external drive.
Step 2. Search for the music files you need. Choose the tracks or and select the whole folder. Drag and drop them to the purple “All…” icon to add Spotify music to the Serato DJ program.
Now, you can start to use Serato with Spotify to remix tracks and create exclusive works.
Part 3. Get Spotify’s Alternative on Serato DJ Software
As the replacement of Spotify, you can choose Beatsource LINK, Beatport LINK, SoundCloud, or Tidal as the streaming service to use with Serato DJ. Just make sure to upgrade to the Premium plan before use.
1. How to Use Beatsource LINK via Serato DJ Pro
- Launch the Serato DJ Pro.
- Go to Setup > Library + Display > Music Streaming.
- Turn on the Show Streaming Services, then choose Beatsource.
- Hit Sign up / Login to Beatsouce to back to the browser and use your Beatsource account.
- After you see a browser pop-up, click Allow when asking to redirect you to Serato DJ Pro.
- Once you back to Serato DJ Pro, you’ll notice the music streaming sections shows a logged-in account.
- Hit the New Streaming Playlist button to create a new playlist for Beatsource Link. You can drop and drag music files to the playlist.
- After creating a playlist, click the Beatsource > My Playlists option in the crates or playlists of Serato DJ Pro, to show your playlists.
2. How to Use Beatport LINK via Serato DJ Pro
- Activate the Serato DJ Pro.
- Click to Setup > Library + Display > Music Streaming.
- Choose Show Streaming > Beatport.
- Tap Sign up / Login to Beatport to redirect to the browser and start using the Beatport account.
- After making certain you find a browser pop-up, tap Allow when asking to redirect you to Serato DJ Pro.
- Once go to Serato DJ Pro, you’ll see the music streaming section indicating a logged-in account.
- Tap the New Streaming Playlist button to make a new playlist for Beatport Link. You can drop and drag the files to the playlist.
- After you creating a playlist, tap the Beatport > My Playlists option in the crates or playlists pane of Serato DJ Pro to see your playlists.
3. How to Use SoundCloud via Serato DJ Pro
- In your Serato DJ app, hit the SoundCloud icon from the left column of the library. A SoundCloud window will pop up and hints you to Start trial or Sign In.
- If you can’t see the SoundCloud icon on the left of the library, click the Settings on the top right.
- Choose the Library + Display > Show Streaming Services > SoundCloud at the bottom.
- Turn on Serato DJ Pro.
- Open Setup > Library + Display > Music Streaming.
- Enable Show Streaming Services and choose Tidal.
- Tap Sign up / Login to Tidal to back to your browser to start using your Tidal account.
- When confirming a browser pop-up, you’ll be asked to back to Serato DJ Pro by clicking Open Serato DJ Pro.
- Now in the Serato DJ Pro, the music streaming section will indicate a logged-in account.
- Once you’ve made a playlist, expand the Tidal option in the pane of Serato DJ Pro to show your playlists.
- Tap the New Streaming Playlist button to create a new playlist. Just drop and drag the files to the playlist.
Part 4. Conclusion
In this article, we talked about the best way to download music from Spotify to Serato DJ with the help of AudKit Spotify Music Converter, which is another alternative to Serato Spotify integration. The trial version of AudKit offers 1-min free conversion for each song. You can have a try to test if the method really works.